Member of staff responsible for Art and Design: Miss L Frearson
Here at All Souls’, we love embracing our creative sides and we aim to deliver a high-quaity art and design education that engages, insipires and challenges our pupils. We strive to equip our children with the skills and knowledge to invent, create and experiment with their own works of art, craft and design using a variety of media. We encourage children to think critically about art and to develop a more rigorous undertstanding to become a more confident audience of different forms of art. Our pupils also gain an appreciation of how art and design both reflect and shape our history and contribute to the cuture, creativity and wealth of our nation.
- to use a range of materials creatively to design and make products
- to use drawing, painting and sculpture to develop and share their ideas, experiences and imagination
- to develop a wide range of art and design techniques in using colour, pattern, texture, line, shape, form and space
- about the work of a range of artists, craft makers and designers, describing the differences and similarities between different practices and disciplines, and making links to their own work.
- to develop their techniques, including their control and their use of materials, with creativity, experimentation and an increasing awareness of different kinds of art, craft and design.
- to create sketch books to record their observations and use them to review and revisit ideas
- to improve their mastery of art and design techniques, including drawing, painting and sculpture with a range of materials [for example, pencil, charcoal, paint, clay]
- about great artists, architects and designers in history.