On these pages and via your learning portfolio you will be able to get all the latest news, find out what we’ve been up to in class and download the latest homework! Don’t forget to check the Year 4 Blog regularly to keep upto date with everything that’s going on.
Summer Term 2013
We do hope that you and your family had a happy and peaceful Easter holiday. We are looking forward to the Summer Term. It will be a busy term as we still have lots to cover, but hopefully it will be an enjoyable one!
Next term we have the following trip planned:
Tuesday 25th June – visit to the CoventryTransportMuseum ‘Friction In Action’. Time to be confirmed.
During the Summer term your children will be covering the following:
- Sharing in the role of Christ
- Special roles and responsibilities.
- Sci–Fi stories
- Narrative and Non-Narrative writing linked to the Themed topic
- Comprehension, spelling, handwriting and grammar.
- Place value
- The four rules of number (multiplication, division, subtraction and addition.)
- Fractions and Decimals
- Using a calculator
- Shape, Space and Data Handling
- Problem solving
- Circuits and conductors.
- The Egyptians including Egyptian Art
- This is an integral part of all subjects, but the children will also be learning how to create a Podcast.
- Dance, tennis, golf, cricket and athletics.
Please ensure that your child has his or her kit in school on Tuesday and Thursday and, for their own safety, do not wear earrings or jewellery of any kind.
- Songs and recorders
Homework will be sent home on Thursdays. Occasionally homework will be given in other subjects as well, or instead. Please encourage your child to complete their work and hand it in on time. If there is a problem, please let one of us know.
Thank you for your continued support, it is very much appreciated.
Mrs Michelle Fennell Miss Hughes Mr Rob Youson