Four days to go!
With just a few days left until the much anticipated trip to DYM, I thought it would be a good idea to send out a few reminders:
– The coach is due to leave our school on Sunday at 1.45; therefore, we ask that children are dropped off from 1:10pm (certainly no later than 1:30pm as we have bags to load and checks to do)
– Children must wear their full All Souls tracksuit for the journey
– Children will be supplied with a snack and drink during our stop at the service station where they will have a chance to stretch their legs and pop to the toilet. However, they may bring a SMALL packet of mints/hard boiled sweets to suck on throughout the journey to reduce travel sickness. No other food or drink will be allowed to be consumed on the coach and we ask that the food they eat before they leave is carefully considered as the roads leading to the house are very winding and often result in a wave of motion sickness (even to children who have never experienced this before!). Children should also ensure they drink plenty – and go to the toilet – before getting on the coach as their next stop is a couple of hours away.
– I will update our social media accounts to let you know we have safely arrived as soon as possible. Please be aware though, that the signal is limited and ensuring the children are safe and settled will be our first priority so always remember that no news means good news!
– Children are allowed to bring a small carry on in which they could take on the coach something to keep them occupied (e.g. playing cards, notepad, book, etc.)
– All sickness tablets should be in a plastic bag clearly labelled with the child’s name, if and when they last had them, and if and when they next need them for the way there and the way home. Please ensure these are handed to me when dropping your child off or before hand should you wish. Children should have no other medication in their possession that we do not know about.
– I must have a labelled inhaler for each child named on our asthma list – without this we will be unable to take your child on the trip.
– Please double check the clothing list – the more spares the merrier (particularly spare footwear!) although the children should be aware that they will have to transport their own cases to their rooms so equally need to pack sensibly!
– Children do not need to bring any form of bedding with them as it is all provided by DYM although they will be expected to make their own beds. This is always interesting to watch!
– Children will find out who they are sharing a room with and their activity groups upon arrival at DYM
– Children are not allowed to take any food or electrical items with them in their case to DYM – these are DYM’s rules, not ours, and they are very strict with this for health and safety reasons. Any items found will be confiscated.
– If the children earn their stars, there will be a tuck shop open in the evening to give children the chance to buy treats and on the last night they will have the opportunity to purchase their gifts too.
– Finally, we return to school on Thursday at 1.15pm. Please be aware that if we are delayed for any reason, I will update you through our social media accounts. You are more than welcome to collect your child at this time (and any other siblings if you so wish) or they can be collected at the end of the school day if this suits more. If you would like your child to stay at school until the end of the day, please let me know so arrangements can be made.
I hope that answers any last minute questions you might have and that you are all as excited as we are! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me or pop in and see me at the end of the school day.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for children where they really learn a lot about themselves, conquer fears, enhance their friendships and create memories that they always look back on fondly. I can’t wait! 😃