Tomorrow is our trip to Shrek: The Musical!
*All children will be having their lunch in school before we leave for the theatre.
*Children must wear full school uniform.
*They may bring one small packet of sweets & a bottle of water.
*Please collect your child from the theare at 4.00pm prompt- we will wait inside the foyer for parents.
*The 15 children who attend After-School Club will be brought back to school. NB- only the children who attend this facility on a Thursday were offered this.
Thankfully, the weather looks like it will be good to us for our walk there! We are looking forward to a wonderful afternoon of musical theatre. 🙂
L. Frearson, K. McGovern & S .McDevitt
What a fabulous afternoon ‘Speed-Sainting’!
Thank you to each and every person who came to support Year 6 in their prepararation for receving the Sacrament of Confirmation this weekend. It was fantastic to listen to the children talk so confidently about their chosen saint and really was such a valuable experience for them all.
Vacancy: Full-time Class Teachers / Possible TLR2
Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you want to contribute and make a real difference to the lives of young children and their families? Do you work very hard, yet have fun at the same time, not taking life too seriously? If so, we just might be what you are looking for and we would love to hear from you!
As a result of the promotion of present staff, our Governors wish to appoint two teachers, who are passionate about the education of children, to join our team from September 2019. One of these vacancies can be offered with a TLR2 for the right candidate, and is suitable for an established teacher wishing to take on their first leadership role.
We would be very interested in hearing from candidates who:
- share the vision of putting children first and go the extra mile to make sure this happens
- are qualified teachers with a proven record of good or better classroom practice
- have high expectations and are committed to raising standards
- are passionate and want to make every day in the classroom purposeful and enjoyable for our children
- are excellent communicators with very good interpersonal skills and enjoy working as part of a team
- have a caring, fun and friendly nature
- bring a smile and do not let the day to day grind of the job bring them and others down
- are pro-active, get stuck in and demonstrates initiative
- are practising Catholics or who will embrace the ethos and Catholic life of the school
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to work with incredible children and families
- A programme of CPD to enable you to become the practitioner that you want to be
- A supportive, friendly and hardworking environment
- An opportunity, at this exciting time of change and reform, to make a significant contribution to the development and future of All Souls
- A high level of job satisfaction and fulfilment
Visits to our school are strongly recommended and warmly welcomed. They can be arranged by calling the school office.
Application packs are available below or to download from the school website www.allsoulsschool.co.uk
Applications should be returned to the School Business Manager email@example.com
Closing Date: 1pm Tuesday 21st May 2019
Interview Date: tbc
Wishing lots of luck to all our friends in Year Six who are sitting their SATs this week. Just do your best and let your light shine!
Please continue to keep the children in your prayers this week.
To end our revision sessions in preparation for SATs next week, Year 6 took part in a pub-style quiz to test their maths, reading and SPaG knowledge. Each round focused on a different aspect, ending with some trickier questions in their bonus round on ‘Staff Knowledge’.
The children tucked into some crisps and popcorn whilst sipping their drinks and battling it out to win a prize.
They put their heads together to try and win each round.
It was close but the winners were…
Good luck for next week Year 6 – get ready to show off everything you’ve learnt! 🙂
Year 5 and 6 took part in the first American Football lesson at All Souls for over 10 years. The children absolutely loved learning this new sport and how to throw the ball like a quarter back. We definitely have some young Tom Brady’s at our school.
Due to the weather running and rounders club has been cancelled. Instead there will be a fitness class taking place in the hall if your child wishes to attend.